Smaller vote pool may hurt Coleman

  • Article by: PAT DOYLE and KEVIN DUCHSCHERE , Star Tribune staff writers
  • Updated: March 10, 2009 - 2:52 PM

A review of 1,500 secrecy envelopes turned up registration cards that may now turn 89 rejected ballots into accepted ones. Norm Coleman hoped for a higher yield.

  • 237
  • Comments

  • Results per page:
drgipsontxMar. 9, 0911:19 AM

. . . 60% of those 80 ballots end up being votes for Franken and extend his lead.

135
20
arimareijiMar. 9, 0911:39 AM

When Franken's leading by 400 votes because absentee ballots typically swing DFL, and there are only a dozen or so left, Coleman will still be claiming he won and looking for ways to pad his count. He's more shameless than a habitual Jerry Springer guest, and has less scruples than a tomcat in mating season. But in fairness, I guess that is the American Way now.

130
30
hobsry7350Mar. 9, 0911:45 AM

if only 40% went to Franken. That way they could both claim victory. Franken in the election and Coleman in the courts.......

29
64
skepticaltMar. 9, 0911:59 AM

... journalism and analysis:

http://www.minnpost.com/ericblackblog/2009/03/09/7226/back_to_the_future_how_mabel%E2%80%99s_messed-up_vote_in_1975_could_decide_the_coleman-franken_contest

33
10
magsterMar. 9, 0912:15 PM

to have any hope of overtaking Franken. To have only 80 votes added back in will yield, at most, 10 net votes to Coleman.

105
12
krishnarjunaMar. 9, 0912:17 PM

By the time the courts figure this out the republican party won't exist anymore anyway.

121
24
DarsimajMar. 9, 0912:18 PM

When something like this happens in another state in the future, both candidates will reference this race and say; Let's not create the circus like that in MN.

46
39
sfccarrierMar. 9, 0912:22 PM

Those of you who are following this election closely know that the Franken legal team is mopping the floor with the Coleman team. Have you ever been able to detect that from a single story from the post? Instead there is a second byline story running titled "Will there be a second election?" What a joke! Not only was Franken leading by 225 after both a machine count and a human count by 3 sets of eyes followed by a further review by a canvassing board, he has gained 160 votes to Coleman's 20 in the contest and now leads by 365 with probably a thousand or less to be counted. Yet every story you read makes it seem like Coleman has a chance. 70% of the comments on this site reflect Franken has won. The other 30% are the "Dittoheads".

129
29
drgipsontxMar. 9, 0912:24 PM

Reagan. Gopher. Thompson. Sonny Bono. Bachmann.

Better get out of your glass house, dante805, before those rocks you are throwing bring it crashing down around you.

122
27
gobefishMar. 9, 0912:25 PM

this is like watching two four year olds fight over the last cupcake. and the rest of the preschool is helping.

11
97

Comment on this story   |  

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT