Maine girl suffers burns when iPhone catches fire in her pocket at school

  • Article by: Associated Press
  • Updated: February 3, 2014 - 6:29 PM

KENNEBUNK, Maine — The "stop, drop and roll" mantra came in handy for a Maine eighth-grader when her cellphone caught fire in her pocket at school.

  • 6
  • Comments

  • Results per page:
  • 1 - 6 of 6
bosshogFeb. 3, 14 7:57 PM

What is the point of this article? You can find catch-on-fire articles on nearly every device, including Samsung Galaxy S4's.

7
21
llarsonFeb. 4, 14 6:38 AM

I have an IPhone. A few weeks ago it got very hot in my pants pocket. I couldnt get my phone out fast enough. I noticed the flashlight was on, I dont know how long, but I wonder if that had something to do with it.

8
1
davehougFeb. 4, 14 7:14 AM

Anything with these lithium batteries can go bad. From huge airplanes to phones. One of the trade-offs of a powerful battery.

6
1
dottyFeb. 4, 14 8:38 AM

Whoa!

2
2
mylittleidFeb. 4, 1412:25 PM

Is that an iPhone in your pocket, or are you smoking again??

4
1
athe0007Feb. 5, 14 5:43 AM

So this girl is on fire and the teacher's going to take time to herd the boys out of the room?! I think we're placing a little two much emphasis on sexual propriety.

2
0
  • 1 - 6 of 6

Comment on this story   |  

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT