34 nuclear missile launch officers taken off duty for alleged cheating on proficiency test

  • Article by: LOLITA C. BALDOR , Associated Press
  • Updated: January 16, 2014 - 1:29 PM

WASHINGTON — In what may be the biggest such scandal in Air Force history, 34 officers entrusted with land-based nuclear missiles have been pulled off the job for alleged involvement in a cheating ring that officials say was uncovered during a drug probe.

  • 4
  • Comments

  • Results per page:
  • 1 - 4 of 4
joe_mnJan. 16, 14 1:47 PM

Don't bother me. They are tasked with a useless job. They are never going to have to answer to anyone IF they perform poorly during a nuclear crisis. Opps, we had issues launching 4% of the missiles. The other 96% worked fine.

2
9
tooklebigJan. 16, 14 4:20 PM

Take 'em out back and shoot them for being a disgrace to their uniforms.

1
0
tooklebigJan. 16, 14 4:55 PM

Are you telling me these fools have not devised a way to test that deos away with cheating?

0
0
daytonsajokeJan. 16, 14 5:57 PM

so a society which has been raising cheaters now has cheaters in the military. Big surprise. (While about 20% of college students admitted to cheating in high school during the 1940's, today between 75 and 98 percent of college students surveyed each year report having cheated in high school.) I wonder what subjects would be important to nuclear weapons workers? Science and math maybe? (Math and Science are the courses in which cheating most often occurs.)

0
0
  • 1 - 4 of 4

Comment on this story   |  

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT