Wisconsin health officials to call and send letters to those affected by Medicaid delay

  • Article by: SCOTT BAUER , Associated Press
  • Updated: December 13, 2013 - 2:20 PM

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin health officials plan to call and send letters to all 83,000 childless adults who were originally scheduled to start receiving Medicaid in January but now will have to wait until April under a cost-savings move by Gov. Scott Walker and the Legislature.

  • 3
  • Comments

  • Results per page:
  • 1 - 3 of 3
masterson1Dec. 13, 1311:06 AM

This AP article says the delay in coverage is a cost saving move by Governor Walker. (read: stingy republican) But he publicly said last week that the federal website is not yet able to service the business and has severe data integrity issues. He is smart to keep the chaos away from his state.

0
3
tooty123Dec. 13, 1312:24 PM

And, Gov. Walker, how much will it cost the state of WI to send out letters and call these 83,000 people that couldn't be spent on just enrolling them now. I hope these 83,000 people vote in next year's election.

1
0
garry1Dec. 13, 13 7:26 PM

Walker. What a guy.

0
0
  • 1 - 3 of 3

Comment on this story   |  

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

question of the day

Poll: Who will win the Wild-Colorado playoff series?

Weekly Question

ADVERTISEMENT