Activists urge Kellogg Co. not to use palm oil from rainforests where endangered tigers roam

  • Article by: Associated Press
  • Updated: November 20, 2013 - 3:05 AM

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — Activists are planning a rally at Kellogg Co. headquarters in Battle Creek to urge the cereal giant to stop using palm oil in its products.

  • 1
  • Comments

  • Results per page:
  • 1 - 1 of 1
owatonnabillNov. 20, 13 6:05 AM

Typical shortsighted liberal BS. Indonesia's GDP, per capita, is less than 10% of what ours is. Yet we deign to dictate to the Indonesians just which natural resources they can utilize and which the cannot. The economy of just about all developing countries is heavily dependent on utilizing the natural resources within their borders, and Indonesia is no different. America is 5% of the world's population. Do you really think that the other 95% is going to join America, if and when a ban on palm oil imports from Indonesia happens, in an Indonesia palm oil boycott? Of course not. All this will achieve (as, sadly, in most other like situations) is to alienate Indonesia. In a world where America's list of friends is drastically shrinking, this is definitely not a good thing.

0
0
  • 1 - 1 of 1

Comment on this story   |  

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT