After nearly stalling in late 2012, US economy picks up, but taxes and cuts could slow growth

  • Article by: MARTIN CRUTSINGER and CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER , Associated Press
  • Updated: April 26, 2013 - 7:51 PM
  • 60
  • Comments

  • Results per page:
hobie2Apr. 26, 13 8:20 AM

"but government spending fell".. only in the AP disconnect between debt and spending could less government spending be spun as some kind of negative... That should say "..AND government spending fell!"

27
21
dumbgopApr. 26, 13 8:32 AM

HomeBusiness US stock futures are falling after a week of gains; US 1Q economic growth below estimates Article by: Associated Press Updated: April 26, 2013 - 8:16 AM

11
15
joker24Apr. 26, 13 8:46 AM

Amazing how they can manipulate the numbers to perceive growth. I wonder what the real numbers are when you remove public sector growth (i.e. debt growth borrowed from our kids)?

28
27
brian15Apr. 26, 13 8:54 AM

The MSM propaganda machine keeps on truckin.

25
25
formergopApr. 26, 13 9:17 AM

The tea party won't like this.

24
25
dumbgopApr. 26, 13 9:39 AM

formergop, Do you think the economy under Obama is doing well?

21
16
dumbgopApr. 26, 13 9:52 AM

The AP can't even keep up with their attempts to paint Obama's economy as good. Constant contridictions. Really quite amusing.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------HomeBusiness Stocks ease after economic growth comes in weaker than economists anticipated; Amazon slumps Article by: STEVE ROTHWELL , Associated Press Updated: April 26, 2013 - 9:38 AM

16
12
JRBApr. 26, 13 9:53 AM

How far our expectations have fallen when we celebrate 2.5% growth, and use terms like "accelerates" and "propelled" in the headline to describe how great it is.

28
11
dogmanApr. 26, 13 9:59 AM

As expected, republican demands for austerity led to a reduction in economic growth.. just what they wanted. But yet.. I'm sure they'll blame President Obama.

16
34
vlombardyApr. 26, 1310:01 AM

The stock market is doing well. Given that 2/3 of all stocks and bonds are owned by 1% of the people, what does this mean for the other 99%?

15
20

Comment on this story   |  

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT