You must be registered to comment and vote on comments.
Q.E.D. Vikes are history unless politicos can get their act together.
Remember the Loss of the North Stars, You can pay now or pay later. Smart money pays now.
Put Gambling on the November ballot. Why are the majority of Minnesotans letting the Indian casinos prevent us from finding suitable funding and taking our Vikings away from us?
I smell relocation
"Suitable stadium facilities"... translation: turns out she didn't marry you for your winning personality.
History of criteria for a Vikings NFL sale and move...
1. Team owners too cheap to fund their share of a new local stadium.
2. Having continued local losing team statistics and no SuperBowl contending teams.
3. NFL team players historically overpaid for their services locally and across the league.
4. Inability of Vikings new stadium advocate (Lester Bagley) to dupe Minesotan taxpayers into paying for a stadium for a multi-billion dollar NFL league, a multi-million dollar team owner with players who earn multi-million dollar salaries and multi-million dollar NFL executives.
5. Inability of the local team esprit de corps to convince Minnesotans that their team sources local players, local coaches, has local social significance and their multi-million dollar players are role models for children and young adults who live in the state of Minnesota.
Hilarious. The Vikes have nowhere to go and you all know it. You bluffers should be sitting at a table in Vegas, at least that way you might scam a little money for your efforts!
Pretty sad that a way has not been found to build a stadium. It is a sad statement for our beautiful state. Inept legislators and poor strategy by Vikings' ownership has brought us to this point.
they have nowhere to go? bs. it's called the colliseum, it's in california and if this stadium isn't built, say goodbye minnesota vikings, and hello l.a. vikings. stadium opponents are foolish to think that if this doesn't get done, you'll be better off. the revenue this team generates for the state of minnesota is ridiculous.
It is just getting interesting. Nobody is going to look good no matter what happens. If they leave, legislators will be forever blamed for the loss of the team. If they approve it, they will be accused of caving in. They tried to avoid either outcome by not voting on it, but that strategy has backfired on them.
The labor unions are freaking out. The only way to save face is to get the NFL to sweeten the pot a bit. Otherwise this team will be in LA in a year.
Your comment is being reviewed for inclusion on the site.
Comments will be reviewed before being published.
425 Portland Av. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55488
© 2014 StarTribune. All rights reserved.
StarTribune.com is powered by Limelight Networks