Obama says congressional GOP must put country before party and vote to approve jobs program

  • Article by: DARLENE SUPERVILLE , Associated Press
  • Updated: September 5, 2011 - 8:26 PM
  • 295
  • Comments

  • Results per page:
moandaaSep. 5, 11 7:18 AM

Unions are poison to jobs in the U.S.

131
74
jstanthrnbrSep. 5, 11 7:21 AM

Obama doing what Obama does best. Attend a rally. Unions represent only 12% of the workforce and therefore taxpayers. Perhaps the other 88% has an opinion? Obama needs to return to community organizer status ASAP. 2012 will have to suffice.

149
57
loveitSep. 5, 11 7:50 AM

HOPE is not a destination. CHANGE is not a strategy. Building bike paths to nowhere is not job creation. community obamanizer.

141
47
drfranktSep. 5, 11 7:56 AM

Just another "rally" to give the union lackey/community organizer the opportunity to pander to his bosses. What...he hasn't provided them with enough support yet? Obama appointed "FOTU" (Friends of the Unions) on the NLRB are not doing enough to support the unions? Time to send this empty suit back to organize communities in Chicago!

117
41
magruderSep. 5, 11 8:07 AM

Every time o'bama shows up, you can bet it will be a kiss of death for the organization. About 6 solar companies that he touted have filed bankruptcy this summer. When is he going to the U.N.?

120
37
oreganojoeSep. 5, 11 8:35 AM

When Unions control government through public employee unions, owning politicians and corrupting the electoral process the country is doomed to socialism and Barry will make a fine leader for their movement

102
32
commiefalconSep. 5, 11 9:29 AM

I'm sure that when he gives his big job creation speech 99% of the jobs he creates will go to unions. After all, he has to pay back his bosses.

111
33
bruiser2Sep. 5, 1110:03 AM

The locale is fitting. The city Democrats and Unions have destroyed. How is it possible that they continue to elect these people?

105
37
lordhawhaw1Sep. 5, 1110:31 AM

I wonder that 26% of people actually still approve of President Obama's handling of the economy. Who are these people? Do they live under rocks? Never mind. If we get four more years of Obama as our fearless leader we may all soon be living under rocks.

93
38
splitpeasSep. 5, 1111:53 AM

Union rolls may be dropping, but it is a shrewd move by the President. However, the unions are also a swing vote. They will pick a candidate that champions for their cause, and it may not always be the Democratic candidate. Why do you people think that Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania are so hotly contested among both parties?

38
21

Comment on this story   |  

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT