Proving age bias gets tougher

1 - 10 of 53 comments   Sort:

Page 1 of 6
Go to page:
Next »

A pure and simple gift to employers that can think for 2 seconds.

posted by davehoug on May. 15, 10 at 9:02 PM |

Mr. Smith's boss(es) at Ziplocal will turn 61 years old too someday.

posted by yardpolice on May. 15, 10 at 9:12 PM |

If you are asked for your driver license when interviewing...place a piece of masking tape over your birth date...if they remove it..they are breaking the law...a potential employer can not ask for your age when hiring...

posted by angel33 on May. 15, 10 at 9:32 PM |

If they live that long.

posted by ebfauvel on May. 15, 10 at 9:34 PM |

That company should really know better....

posted by rayk1800 on May. 15, 10 at 9:36 PM |

Being a younger manager myself I embrace my older employees because when I am in a situation they always have words of wisdom to share with me on the problem. I always learn alot from older more experienced co-workers. Plus their kids are all grown up (no call-ins for sick kids) they have transportation and always show up for work early! Love 'em!

posted by helenbach on May. 15, 10 at 9:48 PM |

Cute name. Say do you think any of those old farts around there might be able to help you with your spelling?

posted by maxwellpower on May. 15, 10 at 10:04 PM |

What do you mean? I reread helenbach's comment and don't see any spelling errors.

posted by bippy742 on May. 15, 10 at 10:08 PM |

FYI- "Helen" should learn to use commas efficiently, as well as attempt some sentence reconstruction. The most obvious misspelling in her note is "ALOT." Not a word! We don't use alittle, abit, asmidge, aton, etc. Remember- there is a lot of space between "a" and "lot."

posted by pmfmpls on May. 15, 10 at 10:22 PM |

right now I have 3 assembly people who can even get through half of there work in the allotted time but since they are old enough the managers will not address the situation but others in there 30's haven't got up to speed they are out on their tail without a second thought

posted by phil55 on May. 15, 10 at 11:35 PM |
Page 1 of 6
Go to page:
Next »

Comment on this story   |   Be the first to comment

Be the first to comment

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

question of the day

Poll: Are you happy to see the Royals in the World Series?

Weekly Question